Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Followup & Fun...

I will begin with the followup from yesterday's mishap of receiving the parking ticket. Well, once I returned to Arlene's last night I asked her to look at the ticket with me and tell me if she saw or knew of anything I did wrong. After reviewing it she too said it ws clearly a mistake! So, this morning I started my day early by driving back to Redwood City to the Police Dept. to make sure I was the first one in as soon as they opened. I wanted to assure I could get in and out so not to spend a long time. Anyways I spoke with an officer and explained my situation then presented him with my ticket, my receipt, and showed him my pictures. He also agreed there had clearly been a mistake! He took my ticket and assured me it would be cleared! I was most pleased with the outcome but a bit frustrated in having to go through all this. The real kicker to this whole ordeal was that when I carefully read the ticket I only had two options. 1. Pay the $35.00 2. If I saw a discrepancy I could talk with the officer who issued the ticket and if he made any changes or adjustments I would still have to pay a $10.00 fee!!! I was not willing to pay anything for I did nothing wrong! So, anyways all ended well I didn't have to pay any money (of course) and the officer I spoke with was very nice and most apologetic for this embarrassing mistake of their dept.

Ok next we made a stop at McDonald's for me to use the computer and help Miata complete more of her school work. After that I surprised Miata with a trip to Chuck E. Cheese to let her play some games. I am so glad I did because she really enjoyed it! They had so many more games than our small little Chuck E. Cheese in Wilmington. I told her if she saved half of her tokens I would take her to another Chuck E. Cheese tomorrow that is close to Dr. Brent's office. Maybe they will also have different games from the one we were at today. That was what she did so tomorrow it will again be Chuck E. Cheese!

Later in the evening we all had dinner together. Arlene, Jack, Miata, myself, Mary, Jennie & her family. We enjoyed this last evening meal together... for now until we return for Miata's last surgery in SF. What great people! We are most blessed by knowing them all!!

Tomorrow is Departure Day! We will have a busy day with appts, returning the rental car, packing, etc. We will leave around 5:00 to go to the airport. Our flight leaves at 7:54pm but we will not arrive in Raleigh until around 10:00am the next morning (Thursday.) Then we will have our two hour drive home. So it will definitely be a long night and a lot of traveling to get home!

Oh!! I almost forgot....
During the day I had to stop by Safeway (grocery store) to grab a couple of things. Well as we were going through the entrance door a lady who worked at Safeway was pushing some carts out the door and as we passed she said, "Oh I remember that bandage, did she have ear surgery?" Of course I was again stunned by someone commenting on this condition. I asked her how she knew of this and she explained that she had problems when she was little and had to undergo ear surgery which wad not the same as Miata but a bit similar! Who would ever think that again this would happen!!