Monday, May 3, 2010

Movie Day...










Today's highlight was Miata going to the movie! A lady told us of a wonderful area in Redwood City which is very nice to walk around for it has many shops, restaurants, a movie theater, etc. Well as I drove there (it was only about a 15 min. drive) I was surprised to find that it was their downtown area which had been restored/rebuilt into a beautiful area. One part is the Sequoia Center which is built right next to the train station. The walkways actually cross over the tracks and it has the flashing red train lights and the gate that lowers to stop pedestrians from crossing the tracks just like it does for cars! Miata was amazed to see the train which was a passenger train that carries people to various other cities and locations everywhere around here. This of course is very common in California but as for us small city people we have never actually seen one so of course Miata thought it was so cool! Anyways, when we first arrived in the downtown area I had a challenge finding a place to park. I eventually found one and then had to figure out how to make payment in the meter machine. I wanted to make sure I did it correctly so I had a gentleman behind me watch me to assure I was doing it right.










After that we were set and we headed to the movie theater for Miata to see "How to Train Your Dragon" in 3-D. We were already a little late so we went in quickly. Well, I had a bit of a challenge trying to get the 3-D glasses to stay on Miata's head with her over sized bandage! I eeventually broke off one side of the glasses and had to tape the other side to her bandage to keep them on. By this point we had missed much of the beginning of the movie. Anyways, it was an incredible movie! I have never seen a 3-D movie like this before!! Afterwords I talked with the manager and explained our challenge with the glasses and missing part of the movie then I asked him if there was any way we could just sit through the beginning of the next one so Miata could see the part she missed. He said definitely and if we wanted we were welcome to watch it all over again. So, that is exactly what we did! Miata loved this movie and thought it was so cool how everything looked so close.


Well when we left the theater and returned to our car I was very upset to find a parking ticket on my front windshield!! (Sorry Hun!) I knew I had done everything correctly and the only thing I could think that I must have done wrong was maybe input my parking spot number wrong. Well I studied the ticket, studied my parking spot number, studied the timing and expiration on my parking receipt and could not see anything that I had done wrong!! I called the number on the ticket but the offices closed at 4:00 and it was after 6:00. So I took pictures of the situation so that tomorrow I can figure out what I needed to do. I am NOT a happy camper!!