Friday, May 7, 2010

Home Sweet Home!

We are home! Hooray! It feels so good to be home!

Well Miata and I arrived at the airport early, about 6:00pm. Our departure time was scheduled for 7:58pm but upon checking in I learned our flight had been delayed. While the lady was checking to see if I would still make my later connections in San Diego she saw that I could just leave SF on a later flight and totally cut the stop in San Diego. I was most pleased at that option because that would save us from wagging our luggage on and off one additional flight. The only downside was that we had to hang out there at the airport until our departure time which was now 11:11pm. That was ok though since Miata still had school work to complete. Anyways, it was a long flight to DC and I did not get any sleep but Miata slept pretty good. We arrived in DC at 7:00am (which was 4:00am SF time.) After about 1 1/2 hours we were on our next flight to Raleigh. We arrived in Raleigh at 9:40am. Tim and Jadeyn came to pick us up and then we headed to Chick Fila for the girls to eat breakfast. After our two hour drive we finally made it home! By this time I was exhausted from no sleep! After settling in a bit I put a movie on for the girls and took about an hour nap. Not much sleep but it was enough to make me feel a little better and hold me until bedtime.

We are just happy to be home now!