Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day 3 - Toothless Morning!

After getting ready this morning, Mrs. Arlene and I were in the kitchen talking and along comes Miata and she held out her hand and said, "Here Mom!" She had pulled her tooth out. Here is a quick recap of her teeth lately... The day before we left to come here I was driving through the bank and from behind me Miata says, "Mom, here you go!" I turned to look and she was handing me a tooth and had blood in her mouth. I tried to quickly take the tooth and give her a napkin for her mouth! And then, just the week before she did the same thing at our home. She comes out from the bathroom with a rag in her mouth and handed me a tooth! So, today I told her... enough! If you keep pulling all your teeth out you are not going to be able to eat! lol She didn't believe me. Anyways, she did have three loose teeth but they certainly didn't seem loose enough to come out! So she has pulled three of her teeth in less than two weeks. I am sure soon she will be pulling her other front tooth since it is next in line. I have never before seen a child that enjoys pulling their own teeth! Only Miata!

Back to our day... Most of today we just hung out around town. First we spent about 2 1/2 hours at the library where I posted on the blog all that took place yesterday, Miata read many books, and we spent more time together on the computer where she played many games and checked out many kid websites. Then I took Miata to one (of probably 100's) of the local Chinese restaurants for lunch. She loved the food! Next we went to Target because I needed to purchase a couple of items that I forgot to bring. Then we made our way to Trader Joe's (grocery store) to purchase many items for tonight's dinner. Then we went back to the house.

Later in the evening we went to Jennie's (& family) home for dinner. Jennie is Jack & Arlene's daughter. We had a very nice dinner which I learned that Jennie had planned and prepared especially for her parents because it was their 49th wedding anniversary. Actually their anniversary day was on Thursday!! The day of our crazy traveling to come here!! Ok... now I felt really bad!! I apologized for inconveniencing them so much the entire day on their 49th wedding anniversary! They could have had a nice dinner together on that day yet they ended up coming to the SF airport to get Miata & I! Anyways, of course they said there was no apology necessary that they were happy to come get us but of course I still felt awful about it!

Well we enjoyed our time visiting Jennie & family and later went back to the house and then to bed! Miata is still doing great with absolutely no pain or issues what so ever!