Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 6 & 7 - Busy Days

Redwood City Update - I again did NOT make the needed progress today (or yesterday) in Redwood City so I will update on that task hopefully tomorrow if it is accomplished!


As for the past two days... I have been very busy working on helping Mary with all the needed documents/paperwork so that she can legally obtain her car! Quick story about her car... Someone Mrs. Arlene knows sold Mary her old car (1995 Infinity G20) that she hasn't driven in quite some time for $50.00. She gave her a copy of the title and the keys. Mary had the car towed to a mechanic for repairs so that it would run again so Mary would be able to drive it. The repairs were completed last week and Mary also had the smog test done but unfortunately when Mary tried to get the title transferred and obtain a new registration and a new license plate in her name she was unable. Of course they would not take a copy of the car title but the individual didn't know where the original title was and thought they would take a copy. Poor Mary was suppose to have had this car and driving it by last Friday but has yet been able to. Anyways, Mrs. Arlene, Mary, and Vickie (the original owner of the car) have went around & around with the paper work issues and now Vickie, who is a single mother and works many hours & runs a lot with her teenage son, was most frustrated with this whole ordeal and was to the point of "I can't do anything else!" Well as the days have passed I have been taking Mary to work at 11:00 PM & picking her up at 7:00 AM so that she would NOT have to walk an hour each way. I have watched hers, Mrs. Arlene's, & Vickie's frustration in this entire car situation so I finally just had to step in! Yesterday I took Mary into Redwood City (where I am suppose to be taking care of my own issues there!) to the DMV office. Once our number was called I talked with someone about this situation and asked what exactly needed to be done. I was able to get the paperwork started so a new title could be issued and was able to obtain the needed documents for Vickie & Mary to sign showing the sale of the vehicle to Mary for $50.00. Unfortunately the title (copy we had) showed there was a lien on the vehicle. Of course there really wasn't because the car was paid for many years ago but this copy of the original title showed the credit union as a lien holder from where they originally purchase the car back in 1995. So the DMV lady gave me a form that had to be completed and notarized by that credit union stating that the original loan had been satisfied (paid in full.) So now my task was to get all these documents signed by Vickie as well as signed and notarized by that credit union. The issue... Vickie does not want any part of this anymore & I am no one in regards to walking into this credit union to ask them for this document to be completed. Well at the end of the day I told Mary all we can do at this point is pray about it and not to stress anymore. If it is the Lord's will everything will work out. If it isn't there is a reason but I will do all I can to help. It was evening and Mary was exhausted due to having extremely very little sleep, working all night, & running around all day. I told Mary to go to bed and get some sleep and after Miata had dinner I would go to Vickie's house.

At Vickie's house... when Vickie came to the door I explained who I was and the look of anger immediately came over her along with tears. She said, "I can not do this anymore! I can't deal with this!" I apologized but told her I was truly there to help & explained all I had done earlier that day. She was still not happy! I apologized again and told her all I was trying to do is complete all the paper work for everyone so this whole issue would be complete and everyone could put it behind them. She said, "If all she had to do was sign papers then she would do it." Then I told her that is why I am here. I have done everything and all she had to do was sign. She was relieved and happily signed all the documents I gave her. I explained the issue of the credit union but told her I would go tomorrow and take care of that as well, just hopefully they would allow me to. Well, after she signed we talked about Miata and her son and before I knew it 45 minutes had passed. Miata & I left there and returned to the house. Mary was awake, she said she couldn't sleep for wondering what was happening. When I told her everything was signed she couldn't believe it!! She kept asking how did you do it?? Vickie was so upset and unwilling?? She was amazed. I said don't worry all that was now complete but we still have the issue of the credit union. Well, a couple of hours later I took Mary to work and told her in the morning I will go to the credit union and hopefully have this last step completed.


This morning... I went to the credit union and spoke with a manager and explained what I needed. As to be expected she asked... "And who are you and why are you here instead of Vickie, and do you have an account?" I explained I was a friend trying to get this document for Vickie because she is unable to take off work to do so herself (this is what she told me was the biggest issue.) She said this is very unusual and we do not ever do anything like this! But after talking with her for a while longer she was willing to do this for me if she could call Vickie and verify all that I have told her. I said certainly you may and provided Vickie's cell number. She asked me to please wait in the lobby for a couple of minutes which turned into about 45+ minutes. Although she did pop in a couple of times to let me know she was still working on it. Then her boss came out, introduced himself to me and said this was most unusual but they were working on it and he would notarize it as soon as it was ready for notarization! Finally I had it in hand and thanked them both many times for their help and willingness to do this for me!! If I couldn't have obtained this I truly do not know if Mary would have ever gotten this car and she had already put all her money into the maintenance on getting it ready! Praise the Lord for His hand in this!! Well I left so happy to be able to call Mary and let her know I was on my way to get her so we could return to Redwood City to the DMV for completion of this car issue!! She was overflowing with happiness!!! She was in such disbelief and kept telling me I was truly a gift from God. I said certainly I wasn't just a tool of His! She kept saying His timing is perfect! If you were not here at this exact time, I would never have gotten this car!!!

Back to the DMV... We returned to the DMV, took a number, & again waited. We waited for over an hour. Our number was called so we proceeded to the agent (a different one from yesterday.) She reviewed the documents and there were a couple of issues we had but thankfully we were able to work them out and I was able to complete the process and with Mary next to me was able to hand her the new license plates (CA has two) and registration for HER car! I also explained she would receive a new title in about 4 weeks that will now be in HER name. From there I made Mary take me to where she obtained her insurance for this car to assure that all was properly done and completly in order for her to drive it! Next I took her to get her car!! She was/is the happiest lady right now!! And I too am so happy that she now has HER much needed car!!! So, she is now ready to tackle life even more!!! Those in her path... Watch Out!!

Tomorrow... MIATA'S POST-OP APPT.